Try with 5/16, or older verison of knoppix (3.1). I couldn't make 6/6 work with any thinkpad at all. 5/20 stucks just like your A21. I test on tp 600es and T30s, and so far 5/16 is the only recent one that works.
I have an A22m, it will boot up into Knoppix runlevel 2 no problem. But when booting normally, after X starts, it appears to timeout on the "loading services". The mouse works fine and will move around the screen, but then loading screen will just disappear. The CD-ROM drive light just stays solid after this and the screen is blank, but the mouse will move around. Has anyone else seen this behaviour, or know of a solution?
I have tried both V3.2-2003-05-03-EN and V3.2-2003-06-06-EN.
![]()
Try with 5/16, or older verison of knoppix (3.1). I couldn't make 6/6 work with any thinkpad at all. 5/20 stucks just like your A21. I test on tp 600es and T30s, and so far 5/16 is the only recent one that works.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00