Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 7.0.5 Install To Flash Disk (experimental version)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17

    Knoppix 7.0.5 Install To Flash Disk (experimental version)

    I've installed Knoppix 7.0.5 to a 7.44GB US stick using the quoted experimental version script with the AES encrypted partition option.

    On first boot I entered the passphrase, the desktop loaded, and I saved a wireless connection.

    After some surfing to find out how to set the keyboard to "UK" I shut down the system to enable a reboot using the appropriate keyboard cheatcodes.

    This time the passphrase failed on the first 2 entries but was accepted on the 3rd entry.

    I then opened a leafpad file and confirmed that the keyboard was now set to "UK". After getting rid of exploding windows, I rebooted but still had to enter the passphrase 3 times.

    The wireless connection had to be reset and the leafpad file was absent.

    I rebooted again, but this time I pressed the enter key when asked for the passphrase and on the 3rd attempt the desktop loaded but the wireless connection had to be reset.

    Gparted reports the following for the 7.44Gb USB stick:

    a. /dev/sdb1 Fat32 Knoppix 901.12MB (used 698.70MB) Flags boot, lba

    b. /dev/sdb2 unknown 6.56GB

    c. unallocated 1.45MB

    Any ideas how to get persistence and encryption would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    In the absence of any replies to my OP I decided to reformat the 7.44GB USB stick and start over.

    The new installation has both persistence and encryption and the CLI 'df' now accords with Figure 8 of KK's March 2013 article in Linux Magazine. Hope this helps other newbies.

    One observation: it would make the input of an encryption passphrase during loading much easier if there was a 'show passphrase' facility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$8599.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



HpyerX Predator DDR4 128gb 16x8 DDR4 3000 MHZ CL15 HX430C15PB3K8/128 Tested picture

HpyerX Predator DDR4 128gb 16x8 DDR4 3000 MHZ CL15 HX430C15PB3K8/128 Tested

$700.00



WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130 picture

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130

$119.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL) picture

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)

$345.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00