Try the Cheatcodes! For example
Code:knoppix screen=1024x768
Both on my Tosh L630 laptop (with/ without external monitor) and Dell Dimension 2400 desktop the startx command provides a desktop with no visible menubar along the lowedr edge of the screen and therefore no access to utilities etc. Or to logout! IT mustr be there somewhere, but I can't travel to it.
If I start with xinit I get a primitive xterm from which some progress can be made, but it's not the answer. Any suggestions for modifying the default start command sequence?
Meanwhile, I'm sticking with 6.7, the most perfect version since 5.2. None of the 7 series has worked well (for me) up to and including the current 7.0.5, all offering various, different, un-put-up-able-with, glitches and infelicities.
Thanks,
Fergus
Try the Cheatcodes! For example
Code:knoppix screen=1024x768

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$120.73
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00