-
One CPU used/detected instead of 4, 6, 8, & 12
Hello folks 
I don't know where to start, so I'll start where ever...
I have all the knoppix ISO releases since knoppix 5, & I have to say, something is really wrong.
Knoppix 6.0.1 works on ALL my systems, but starting from 6.0.2 on upwards, I'm excluded from enjoying it's awesomeness, & no one seems to care about resolving the issue.
As i've said back then, I prefer knoppix over the rest because i entered the linux world via knoppix, & all i know now, i learned through knoppix. However... knoppix has done me badly over the years (smile lol). It can't be said that the knowledge of how to make it work is unknown, because 6.0.1 lit up all my machines flawlessly, but not so with 6.0.2 right on up to 7.0.5.
I've lost hope in the knoppix devs for a while now, because it's clear they don't care about this issue, & seem to want it the way it is for some reason. If I paid for it, I'd be demanding my money back, but it's free, so what can you do? lol
I get frustrated easily, but knoppix has shut me out for a long time now. I have waited patiently for years for new versions, & every time they are released, I get let down. They don't work. All I ever hear about is the constant 'cheat codes' that allows it to boot by disabling required features of today's computers, but in reality - turns your computer into a stone age piece of crap... like 'knoppix nolapic' (at the boot prompt) causes your computer to preform like it has a CPU from the late 90s. I can't enjoy Linux this way. Can't even load up firefox without the whole system freezing up, & crashing due to CPU red-lining at 100% usage, & not allowing any other thread to work until firefox is done... which it won't complete due to freezing.
I guess the question to ask is... can I manually edit something somewhere that will allow my main machine/gaming rig to boot just as 6.0.1 did... not requiring 'knoppix nolapic' at the boot prompt in order to boot?
I really want to use PlayOnLinux/WINE but can't cuz it's a pile of crap at the 6.0.1 level at version 1.0.1_blabla, That's the max version i can find (bug haven). I want WINE 1.5 + ALL the dev tools Linux has to offer at today's level... not decade old crap.
Is there a way to make knoppix boot normally, & work just as 6.0.1 did... while loading the latest knoppix version like 7.0.5? (jan 19th 2013)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

PNY CS2340 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 Upgrade Kit SSD 7400/6100MB/s
$130.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

SanDisk Optimus GX 7100 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD Heatsink
$150.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99