Try the Cheatcodes! For example
Code:knoppix screen=1024x768
Both on my Tosh L630 laptop (with/ without external monitor) and Dell Dimension 2400 desktop the startx command provides a desktop with no visible menubar along the lowedr edge of the screen and therefore no access to utilities etc. Or to logout! IT mustr be there somewhere, but I can't travel to it.
If I start with xinit I get a primitive xterm from which some progress can be made, but it's not the answer. Any suggestions for modifying the default start command sequence?
Meanwhile, I'm sticking with 6.7, the most perfect version since 5.2. None of the 7 series has worked well (for me) up to and including the current 7.0.5, all offering various, different, un-put-up-able-with, glitches and infelicities.
Thanks,
Fergus
Try the Cheatcodes! For example
Code:knoppix screen=1024x768

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL “Powers On” Parts or Repair
$249.95
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25