the driver knoppix attempts to uses for the realtek chip is the via 8233 driver
Hi
I am totally new to Knoppix and pretty much new to Linux though I have had it installed on my systems before. I have Knoppix installed on my hard disk but I can’t get it to work with my Audigy 2, I tried enabling my onboard sound (AC97 Realtek ALC650) on my Abit AT7 Max2. That doesn’t work either. It recognises both audio controllers and but after trying to start them says something about unable to load modules. If I try playing an mp3 from Knoppix it then gives me an error asking me if I have my sound card enabled.
How can I get Knoppix to work with my Audigy 2? If this is not possible would it be possible to get it to work with my onboard sound?
If either of these are possible could some explain it to me simply because i am a totaly newbie
Thanks in advanced for any help
the driver knoppix attempts to uses for the realtek chip is the via 8233 driver

Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10
$350.00
WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181
$27.97
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95
HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused
$99.99
ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working
$74.99
RARE ISA Video Card, S3 P86C928, 2MB (Diamond Stealth Pro) Vintage, Working
$179.99
VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$121.83
Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box
$100.00