-
Possible bug on init
I installed knoppix 7.0.5 on an hard drive and I noticed that the filesystem of knoppix-data.img never got checked.
The first step I took to solve this was to set the properties of the ext2 filesystem so that it was checked everytime
Code:
tune2fs -c 1 /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img
but even in this case the file system didn't get checked, so I took a close look at the init script and I found that in the checkfs() function, the e2fsck program is called using:
Code:
runknoppixlib /sbin/e2fsck -y "$h" >/dev/null 2>&1
but the variable $h has no value in the function, so I think the call to the program should be:
Code:
runknoppixlib /sbin/e2fsck -y "$p" >/dev/null 2>&1
I'm not a real expert of linux, so I may be wrong. If this is the case, please tell me. In the other case, maybe someone wants to make the correction to the standard init script (or can save some time searching a similar problem).
Bye
A
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Lot of 3 Vintage IDE PATA Optical Drives CD-ROM CD-RW DVD-RW Windows 98 XP Untes
$39.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Lot 8x HP D2297A 16MB 72-Pin Parity SIMM 128MB 70ns 4Mx36 1818-5661 Vintage
$69.98

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

NEW StarTech ATXPOWER250 250W ATX PC Power Supply Vintage Pentium II III AMD K6
$94.98

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00