-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
E-Tramp
I did have to work very hard to get Adobe Flash player installed on the icewheasel browser, but, I finally got it worked out by myself which made me feel pretty good. None of the information I found even came close to getting the command line syntax right, and once I did it was just a matter of adding "sudo" to it and it installed in the folder. The one thing I can't find is a way to install Shockwave which some web sites use for video operation and I can't get Flashplayer to run them. I haven't had a chance to see if there was a Linux Shockwave clone or something that would work to run them. Do you happen to know if there is a program that will run ShockWave vids?
You are obviously doing lots of unncessesary extra work.
The straightforward method to play Adobe Flash, which seems to work for me, is to use Synaptic and install the non-free flash plugin, in Synaptic it is listed as flashplugin-nonfree.
Furthermore, it seems that all may not be well with your file systems - another reason to setup somethin really simple, like FAT32, on a volume, and copy in Knoppix the way I have described. That way, write access is to just one file, the loop-mounted persistent image file knoppix-data.img.
But you are of course free to make things as much of an hassle as you like.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 RAM/Memory 32GB(2x16GB) 36-36-36-96 1.35V
$385.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1400.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

T-FORCE DELTA α RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MHz DIMM Desktop Memory Kit
$225.00