-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
E-Tramp
I did have to work very hard to get Adobe Flash player installed on the icewheasel browser, but, I finally got it worked out by myself which made me feel pretty good. None of the information I found even came close to getting the command line syntax right, and once I did it was just a matter of adding "sudo" to it and it installed in the folder. The one thing I can't find is a way to install Shockwave which some web sites use for video operation and I can't get Flashplayer to run them. I haven't had a chance to see if there was a Linux Shockwave clone or something that would work to run them. Do you happen to know if there is a program that will run ShockWave vids?
You are obviously doing lots of unncessesary extra work.
The straightforward method to play Adobe Flash, which seems to work for me, is to use Synaptic and install the non-free flash plugin, in Synaptic it is listed as flashplugin-nonfree.
Furthermore, it seems that all may not be well with your file systems - another reason to setup somethin really simple, like FAT32, on a volume, and copy in Knoppix the way I have described. That way, write access is to just one file, the loop-mounted persistent image file knoppix-data.img.
But you are of course free to make things as much of an hassle as you like.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh Power Mac 3.5" Floppy Disks + Manuals RARE
$99.90

Vintage Apple 3.5 Drive A9M0106 External 800K Floppy IIgs Mac Tested Working
$124.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00