Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Resetting clock local time.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Also please note that the localisation by using KDE System Settings remains stored with reboot. Localisation set to India. But time and date issue isn't resolved, even with E-Tramp's method.

  2. #2
    To us newbs, if you tell us go to the home folder and you have a folder named "home" we are automatically going to assume that is the folder you are talking about. As for Raji, if I may call you that, I am not sure what you mean about it not being resolved, but, at least when I look at the clock now I don't see Universal Time, I see Pacific Standard Time and that was what mattered. I would still like it to be a twelve hour clock though, because I haven't used a 24 hour clock since me and the Marines parted company in '77. Sounds like you might have a better setup there if it gives you more options. I might still have a problem when we hit Daylight Savings time, don't know if the time and date server this is coming from ever changes in that regard, because it does say "Universal Time", but, for now, however,it is the right time for where I am at.

  3. #3
    And by the way, I think that what they mean by "Universal Time" is what we use to call "Greenwich Mean Time" set by a the clocks in Greenwich England. That is the time that aircraft around the world fly by. I could be wrong, but, it is the only "Universal Time I ever heard of.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Time and date settings

    Quote Originally Posted by E-Tramp View Post
    To us newbs, if you tell us go to the home folder and you have a folder named "home" we are automatically going to assume that is the folder you are talking about. As for Raji, if I may call you that, I am not sure what you mean about it not being resolved, but, at least when I look at the clock now I don't see Universal Time, I see Pacific Standard Time and that was what mattered. I would still like it to be a twelve hour clock though, because I haven't used a 24 hour clock since me and the Marines parted company in '77. Sounds like you might have a better setup there if it gives you more options. I might still have a problem when we hit Daylight Savings time, don't know if the time and date server this is coming from ever changes in that regard, because it does say "Universal Time", but, for now, however,it is the right time for where I am at.
    Screenshot from 2013-01-26 06:59:39.png
    As I'd said, I installed ntp, ntpdate, etc., and then used this application to set date time. But whatever I set is undone the next time I boot. But the localisation I set remains as of India between powerdown and powerup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard M0116 ADB Macintosh Mechanical Tested Working w Cable picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard M0116 ADB Macintosh Mechanical Tested Working w Cable

$79.99



AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested picture

AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested

$54.99



Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 ADB Vintage Macintosh Tested Working w/ Cable picture

Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 ADB Vintage Macintosh Tested Working w/ Cable

$144.99



Apple Keyboard II M0487 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Tested Working Cable picture

Apple Keyboard II M0487 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Tested Working Cable

$54.99



Lot of 5 4

Lot of 5 4" Original Vintage Apple Computer Stickers 1980's style lower case

$44.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Apple USB Keyboard Purple Grape Vintage iMac 1998 Translucent M2452 Tested picture

Apple USB Keyboard Purple Grape Vintage iMac 1998 Translucent M2452 Tested

$59.99