-
Senior Member
registered user
Time and date settings

Originally Posted by
E-Tramp
To us newbs, if you tell us go to the home folder and you have a folder named "home" we are automatically going to assume that is the folder you are talking about. As for Raji, if I may call you that, I am not sure what you mean about it not being resolved, but, at least when I look at the clock now I don't see Universal Time, I see Pacific Standard Time and that was what mattered. I would still like it to be a twelve hour clock though, because I haven't used a 24 hour clock since me and the Marines parted company in '77. Sounds like you might have a better setup there if it gives you more options. I might still have a problem when we hit Daylight Savings time, don't know if the time and date server this is coming from ever changes in that regard, because it does say "Universal Time", but, for now, however,it is the right time for where I am at.
Screenshot from 2013-01-26 06:59:39.png
As I'd said, I installed ntp, ntpdate, etc., and then used this application to set date time. But whatever I set is undone the next time I boot. But the localisation I set remains as of India between powerdown and powerup.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73