https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2
=> GRUB_DEFAULT
OK, I have a new installation of both Knoppix and Ubuntu on a dual boot system, and I would like to edit the Grub2 menu to put Knoppix as the first and default boot system rather than the Ubuntu 12.10 which it defaults to at present. I really intend to use Knoppix as my primary system and it would be nice if I could get it to default to that entry when I boot it up.
So, who can tell me how to do that? Everything I have tried, seems to be dated and doesn't get me to, and help me successfully edit the right file.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2
=> GRUB_DEFAULT
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 01-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99