Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: GNU gfortran compiler not in knoppix 7.0.5 distribution

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    And why do you not use Synaptic to install gfortran and so on?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Schenectady , NY (USA)
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    And why do you not use Synaptic to install gfortran and so on?
    Hello Werner,

    Up until now I have just been using Knoppix from the DVD , so 5.3.1 was practical for me.

    I have been doing scientific programming for years but never got into computer system administration . I just started looking through the tools with Knoppix 7.2 and decided to try to install Knoppix to a USB flash drive. I had no problems with that. I then created a 2gb knoppix-data.img file .

    Then , as you suggested , I used Synaptic . I did a refresh on the package list , which I had never done before. I looked through the updated list of packages and saw gfortran 4.7. I selected gfortran 4.7 from the updated list , did the download and install with no problems. gfortran 4.7 is working nicely.

    I did notice that gfortran 4.8 is available. However , when I selected gfortran 4.8 for download there was a red tag and indications that there is a problem with this package.

    Thank you and the others who have posted valuable information on the Knoppix forum.

    Regards,
    Ldot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99