Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: GNU gfortran compiler not in knoppix 7.0.5 distribution

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    And why do you not use Synaptic to install gfortran and so on?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Schenectady , NY (USA)
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    And why do you not use Synaptic to install gfortran and so on?
    Hello Werner,

    Up until now I have just been using Knoppix from the DVD , so 5.3.1 was practical for me.

    I have been doing scientific programming for years but never got into computer system administration . I just started looking through the tools with Knoppix 7.2 and decided to try to install Knoppix to a USB flash drive. I had no problems with that. I then created a 2gb knoppix-data.img file .

    Then , as you suggested , I used Synaptic . I did a refresh on the package list , which I had never done before. I looked through the updated list of packages and saw gfortran 4.7. I selected gfortran 4.7 from the updated list , did the download and install with no problems. gfortran 4.7 is working nicely.

    I did notice that gfortran 4.8 is available. However , when I selected gfortran 4.8 for download there was a red tag and indications that there is a problem with this package.

    Thank you and the others who have posted valuable information on the Knoppix forum.

    Regards,
    Ldot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00