-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi DTeCH!
I got an email from this site telling that you might need some assistance. 
The first thing I did when I read your message was to download an ISO image of the Knoppix version you are currently using.
I prepared an USB Flash device with Knoppix 8.2.0 then.
Now I have some time to investigate the situation.
Knoppix 8.2.0 was built in 2018. It is based on Debian stable (stretch), testing (buster) and unstable (sid) with the Linux 4.12.7 kernel. There were some improvements since.
In 2019 there was a public release of Knoppix 8.6.1 based on Debian stable (buster), testing (bullseye) and unstable (sid) with the Linux 5.3.5 kernel.
You see Knoppix 8.2.0 uses the previous Version of the Debian Distribution.
What kind of Nvidia GPU are you currently using? Nvidia sometimes removes older GPUs from the list of the supported Hardware.
I have got a PC with an Nvidia 960 GTX graphics card and another one with an Nvidia 1060 GTX graphics card. Is this the hardware you intend to use?
Regards
Klaus2008
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99