-
Maybe the card is trash too, but whatever. I downloaded Knoppix 8.6.1, & it s nice. The trouble with it is that Synaptic Package Manager doesn't work, & I switched desktops from lxde to Gnome, & was never able to get back into any desktop, Not even lxde... it just hangs at the Knoppix Penguin logo. Ctrl+Alt+F2 gets me back to the command prompt, & init 2 takes me to text mode. Then init 5 tries to load the desktop again, but it just hangs. Never Loads. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+F6, & saw WARNING messages about GTK 3, saying that GTK 3 didn't load, & GTK 2 or 2+ cannot be loaded in the same session, or something like that.
I clicked "(Re-start/Choose) Desktop", or something like that, & it just seemed to go to text mode after I chose Gmone, then it tried to return to Gnome instead of lxde, but it just froze at the Knoppix Penguin logo. Now I can't get back into Knoppix with any Desktop... not lxde, KDE, or Gnome. No idea what to do. Will delete the knoppix-data.img & try again. Maybe it's the graphics card? Lol I'm tired of this stupid card anyway.
Maybe it's a bug?
Last edited by DTeCH; 04-22-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

17x Mixed Major Brand 16GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200 Memory
$849.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99