-
Maybe the card is trash too, but whatever. I downloaded Knoppix 8.6.1, & it s nice. The trouble with it is that Synaptic Package Manager doesn't work, & I switched desktops from lxde to Gnome, & was never able to get back into any desktop, Not even lxde... it just hangs at the Knoppix Penguin logo. Ctrl+Alt+F2 gets me back to the command prompt, & init 2 takes me to text mode. Then init 5 tries to load the desktop again, but it just hangs. Never Loads. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+F6, & saw WARNING messages about GTK 3, saying that GTK 3 didn't load, & GTK 2 or 2+ cannot be loaded in the same session, or something like that.
I clicked "(Re-start/Choose) Desktop", or something like that, & it just seemed to go to text mode after I chose Gmone, then it tried to return to Gnome instead of lxde, but it just froze at the Knoppix Penguin logo. Now I can't get back into Knoppix with any Desktop... not lxde, KDE, or Gnome. No idea what to do. Will delete the knoppix-data.img & try again. Maybe it's the graphics card? Lol I'm tired of this stupid card anyway.
Maybe it's a bug?
Last edited by DTeCH; 04-22-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed
$399.99

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00

Intel D4004 CPU MCS4 1981 Malaysia 4-bit Microprocessor Vintage Rare Collectible
$302.46

Vintage Apple Macintosh StyleWriter Software 4 Disk Set Version 1.2 3.5” Floppy
$24.99

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$449.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99