Hi, for more than one month I've been using Knoppix 7.0 DVD persistent on a pendrive, without major problems. But every time I log in I have to type "knoppix keyboard=es xkeyboard=es" because I communicate in English and Spanish, but have a Spanish keyboard. I don't use "lang=es" because I prefer OS messages to be in English. Is there some way to avoid this typing? I enter Knoppix several times per day because my machine is shared with my Windows-speaking family. Thanks!
Micro-Remastering says "Boot options like "adriane" can easily be preset by changing '/mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg'". Please, @Werner, say me what may I do with syslinux.cfg and with the files in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/ for being able to use my Spanish keyboard?
Just now I've supplemented Micro Remastering
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 02-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Thanks, Werner, it works well!
I've tried to use Micro Remastering to set my keyboard to 'uk' but there are multiple lines relating to the headings 'LABEL knoppix and KERNEL linux' in the the syslinux.cfg file. Is it enough to simply change the Default reference at the start of the file?
Use only the APPEND line following the line with "LABEL Knoppix".No, only the value of the first line is important! But Knoppix doesn't take care of the third line; therefore it isn't of no use to change something within the third line.Is it enough to simply change the Default reference at the start of the file?
Thanks for that Werner.
I should mention that I'm using Knoppix 7.0.5 with persistence and an encrypted overlay partition.
The make sure that the "£@# characters are available in their customary positions I had to amend file /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg as follows:
Part1
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 lang=gb keyboard=gb vkeyboard=gb apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime
Part2
replace "lang=nn" with "lang=gb" throughout the file.
Hope this helps any other Brits facing the same problem.
Why do you think, Knoppix will take care of '/home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg'?
Use '/mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux,cfg'! Of course, you can do your locale settings throughout all the APPEND lines.

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Dell Latitude XPi CD P150ST Vintage Computer - Not Working
$70.00
Vintage NEC Versa V/50 Notebook Computer with UNTESTED as/is
$29.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage HP Omnibook 530 With Built-in Mouse
$300.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85