-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.0.5 Install To Flash Disk (experimental version)
I've installed Knoppix 7.0.5 to a 7.44GB US stick using the quoted experimental version script with the AES encrypted partition option.
On first boot I entered the passphrase, the desktop loaded, and I saved a wireless connection.
After some surfing to find out how to set the keyboard to "UK" I shut down the system to enable a reboot using the appropriate keyboard cheatcodes.
This time the passphrase failed on the first 2 entries but was accepted on the 3rd entry.
I then opened a leafpad file and confirmed that the keyboard was now set to "UK". After getting rid of exploding windows, I rebooted but still had to enter the passphrase 3 times.
The wireless connection had to be reset and the leafpad file was absent.
I rebooted again, but this time I pressed the enter key when asked for the passphrase and on the 3rd attempt the desktop loaded but the wireless connection had to be reset.
Gparted reports the following for the 7.44Gb USB stick:
a. /dev/sdb1 Fat32 Knoppix 901.12MB (used 698.70MB) Flags boot, lba
b. /dev/sdb2 unknown 6.56GB
c. unallocated 1.45MB
Any ideas how to get persistence and encryption would be appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00

Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts
$35.99

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 64GB Tab A9+ 5G SM-X218U - New Open Box
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00