-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.0.5 Install To Flash Disk (experimental version)
I've installed Knoppix 7.0.5 to a 7.44GB US stick using the quoted experimental version script with the AES encrypted partition option.
On first boot I entered the passphrase, the desktop loaded, and I saved a wireless connection.
After some surfing to find out how to set the keyboard to "UK" I shut down the system to enable a reboot using the appropriate keyboard cheatcodes.
This time the passphrase failed on the first 2 entries but was accepted on the 3rd entry.
I then opened a leafpad file and confirmed that the keyboard was now set to "UK". After getting rid of exploding windows, I rebooted but still had to enter the passphrase 3 times.
The wireless connection had to be reset and the leafpad file was absent.
I rebooted again, but this time I pressed the enter key when asked for the passphrase and on the 3rd attempt the desktop loaded but the wireless connection had to be reset.
Gparted reports the following for the 7.44Gb USB stick:
a. /dev/sdb1 Fat32 Knoppix 901.12MB (used 698.70MB) Flags boot, lba
b. /dev/sdb2 unknown 6.56GB
c. unallocated 1.45MB
Any ideas how to get persistence and encryption would be appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.42

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99