Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Question Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

    Hello all,
    I observe problem with runlevel startup scripts. I used knoppix 6.2 and 7.0, same happens at other distros.
    After installing it to HD I installed tomcat6 using apt-get. After reboot id does not start although it has rc scripts set automatically (S92tomcat6 is the name). I used mkdir to check and it is not runned at all. Strangely others around seems have the same problem. I found S16hal was the one that works and attached my stuff just before exit 0. Thats dirty but works. Anyone knows whats may be the issue here? I observe this since I remember and finally asked the question

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Ok, found. In fact rc scripts are not working at all. All is done by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, it is enough to append stuff at the end. Regarding shutdown knoppix-halt script can be modified at the beginning. Case closed

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks for sharing, cj.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00