-
So I updated the bug report over at http://libiphone.lighthouseapp.com
I've had no response to that so I had a look at Ubuntu 12.04. I ran it 'live' off USB on the same laptop and it immediately recognized and mounted the iphone, giving me access to photos etc. I have since tried again to get the iphone recognized in Knoppix but to no avail.
I prefer to use Knoppix over Ubuntu - I find it considerably faster in virtually all respects and the Ice Weasel browser is significantly quicker than Firefox on Ubuntu, even with the same adblock settings etc. Ubuntu also crashes my laptop on virtually every session - the screen renders some very odd artifacts and then freezes, the only way out is to switch the machine off.
I'm considering doing a package comparison vis Synaptic so I can check what packages Ubuntu is running that enable the iphone, and then load said packages into Knoppix. Is it as simple as this or am I going to run into trouble with kernel conflicts/differences that make this plan unworkable?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72