No! Clonezilla is a Live CD.
is it possible to install install clonezilla on knoppix?
I've tried but I haven't had any luck :-/
No! Clonezilla is a Live CD.
actually I think I figured it out...
you can download the deb there.
http://drbl.sourceforge.net/download/
I am trying to make a custom flavor of knoppix and include tools to help network admins.
the info from this site was helpful
http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/05/how-...server-on.html
I can open up clonezilla on my box but can't open up the drbl server yet :-/
Did you read the comments section of the page you mentioned? The user kalli wroteThere is also a link on the page you mentioned https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Cl...Server_Editionits missing two important steps:
you have to run:
/opt/drbl/sbin/drblsrv -i
once this is done, configure the whole lot with
/opt/drbl/sbin/drblpush -i
only then you can run it with
/opt/drbl/sbin/dcs
I think you should try the 'Impatient method'
Thanks that link is really helpful
my plan was to install knoppix on to a flash drive.
install drbl for imaging, ophcrack, and put a few other shell scripts on the desktop... then just use tux2live to make an iso...
clonezilla is pretty insanely easy to use via the live cd.. installing it on knoppix is pretty crazy. thanks for letting me konw about the Impatient method that sounds like it should work for me

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98