-
Can't boot from CD nor USB drive, help!
I downloaded Knoppix LiveCD 7.0.5 via utorrent, burned all the files on a CD-R (700MB, 80 min, options to burn disc at sped: x16 x32 x56). After that I inserted the disc into my CD-R, CD-RW.../DVD, DVD-R ... (there are lots of compatible formats on my drive) and rebooted my laptop (holding the power button).
I heard that alots of people say that before booting you have to list your CD/DVD drive as first in boot sequence. I checked the BIOS, "Boot" tab, and in the list CD/DVD drive was already listed as first. Then I exited the BIOS (saving my changes) rebooting my laptop. A the booting sequence from CD/DVD drive, the ticking character "floor" (didn't know what name to use!) at the top-left corner was blinking from a few seconds, mean while the CD drive was working. After that, the boot screen of Knoppix didn't show up! I tried the same with DSL in a pen-drive, copied the ISO file of DSL and bootfloppy.img. Same with that. Could anyone help me put with this? If yes, I would be very happy!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00