-
Senior Member
registered user
Thinking about Knoppix 7.1
.
Klaus K has hinted that he will bring out Knoppix 7.1 at CeBIT in March.
That might mean we will see a 'community' version of 7.1 in April.
So I've begun to think about how I will upgrade my Live USB from 7.0.5 to 7.1.
In the past, I've made notes to guide a manual process or bringing things
back to some home-grown standard set-up. I'm hoping to automate that more
this time around. From my notes, I see that the difference between my own
arrangement and the standard offering consists of three parts.
1. Lots of stuff in /home/knoppix;
2. A few tweaks in /etc & syslinux.cfg; and
3. A few programs added through Synaptic.
Werner helped me devise a small program to grab items 1 and 2 occasionaly
as a small tgz backup on /mnt-system.
For item 3, I notice the following:
If I boot into my unmodified 7.0.5 LiveCD and let dpkg --get-selections > dpkg.705CD,
then boot into my modified 7.0.5 LiveUSB and let dpkg --get-selections > dpkg.705USB,
I can then make a comparison, looking for differences:
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ comm -3 dpkg.705CD dpkg.705USB --nocheck-order > uncommon
(-which looks like-)
cabextract install
flashplugin-nonfree install
geany install
geany-common install
gnome-system-log install
ttf-mscorefonts-installer install
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
Which reminds me what I've added to the standard distribution, and presents only one
small surprise with cabextract, which is probably part of the process of making
a LiveUSB from a LiveCD.
In which case, I'm not so sure any more automation is called-for,
but I'm open to suggestions.
Perhaps something along the line of dpkg --set-selections < uncommon.
Last edited by utu; 02-17-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99