Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: md5sum DVD

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    36

    md5sum DVD

    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN.

    I ran md5sum on the file after I downloaded. That checked out.

    I then burned the DVD in external drive.

    How do I run md5sum on the DVD that I burned?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Reinsert the DVD and type within the commandline
    Code:
    md5sum /dev/sr0
    You can compare this value with the value of md5sum you've dowloaded. But after burning a CD/DVD it is enough to use the cheatcode "knoppix testcd".

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    36

    Hash?

    I downloaded Knoppix http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/sta...da72031c77e00b KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/sta...da72031c77e00b KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN 8fe044963c1044d62d0e827bbcda72031c77e00bb 8fe044963c1044d62d0e827bbcda72031c77e00 is the hash. Is the "hash" the same as the md5sum? I keep getting a different value for the md5sum. If the "hash" is not the md5sum, where is the md5sum published?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Have a look at "How do I get the CD .."
    You can download the md5sum from the Mirrors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99