Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: md5sum DVD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    36

    md5sum DVD

    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN.

    I ran md5sum on the file after I downloaded. That checked out.

    I then burned the DVD in external drive.

    How do I run md5sum on the DVD that I burned?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Reinsert the DVD and type within the commandline
    Code:
    md5sum /dev/sr0
    You can compare this value with the value of md5sum you've dowloaded. But after burning a CD/DVD it is enough to use the cheatcode "knoppix testcd".

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    36

    Hash?

    I downloaded Knoppix http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/sta...da72031c77e00b KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/sta...da72031c77e00b KNOPPIX_V7.0.5DVD-2012-12-21-EN 8fe044963c1044d62d0e827bbcda72031c77e00bb 8fe044963c1044d62d0e827bbcda72031c77e00 is the hash. Is the "hash" the same as the md5sum? I keep getting a different value for the md5sum. If the "hash" is not the md5sum, where is the md5sum published?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Have a look at "How do I get the CD .."
    You can download the md5sum from the Mirrors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99