My setup doesn't hang up frequently, works just fine!
I just wanted to learn where exactly in the code is the incremental time period is incorporated?
Recall:
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 5 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 10 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 20 seconds
...........
and so on, i.e., a sequence of ar^n, where a=5, r=2, n=0,1,2,...,n
My question was how this happens, where in the script is this formulation given? Or is it with the wvdial code itself!
Oh, I didn't understand that. Sorry!
It has to be in the wvdial code, which can be inspected by installing Debian source packages, or similar downloads, like this one:
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownl...oad-10580.html
What happens in the script, is that a conf file for wvdial is generated from user provided parameters and defaults, and wvdial is then called with that configuration.
Last edited by rajibando; 02-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Got it.
I can't read source codes, ... well, not very well.... Okay, will check and get back. I have posted an email to the Debian forum.
I have checked the aptitude information for wvdial and found an email-Id for the creator of wvdial, which is wvdial\[email protected], but it bounced back. How do you interpret that email-Id.? I also posted to [email protected].
Let's see what transpires from our endeavours.
Regards

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99