Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Question Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

    Hello all,
    I observe problem with runlevel startup scripts. I used knoppix 6.2 and 7.0, same happens at other distros.
    After installing it to HD I installed tomcat6 using apt-get. After reboot id does not start although it has rc scripts set automatically (S92tomcat6 is the name). I used mkdir to check and it is not runned at all. Strangely others around seems have the same problem. I found S16hal was the one that works and attached my stuff just before exit 0. Thats dirty but works. Anyone knows whats may be the issue here? I observe this since I remember and finally asked the question

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Ok, found. In fact rc scripts are not working at all. All is done by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, it is enough to append stuff at the end. Regarding shutdown knoppix-halt script can be modified at the beginning. Case closed

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks for sharing, cj.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Gigabyte 1TB 2280 SSD Solid State Drive AG450E1024-Sl, 27107-1TB15-P70S picture

Gigabyte 1TB 2280 SSD Solid State Drive AG450E1024-Sl, 27107-1TB15-P70S

$99.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98% picture

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%

$50.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Kingston UV400 120GB 2.5

Kingston UV400 120GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD Silver 6Gb/s PC Compatible

$30.00



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00