Ok, found. In fact rc scripts are not working at all. All is done by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, it is enough to append stuff at the end. Regarding shutdown knoppix-halt script can be modified at the beginning.Case closed
Hello all,
I observe problem with runlevel startup scripts. I used knoppix 6.2 and 7.0, same happens at other distros.
After installing it to HD I installed tomcat6 using apt-get. After reboot id does not start although it has rc scripts set automatically (S92tomcat6 is the name). I used mkdir to check and it is not runned at all. Strangely others around seems have the same problem. I found S16hal was the one that works and attached my stuff just before exit 0. Thats dirty but works. Anyone knows whats may be the issue here? I observe this since I remember and finally asked the question![]()
Ok, found. In fact rc scripts are not working at all. All is done by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, it is enough to append stuff at the end. Regarding shutdown knoppix-halt script can be modified at the beginning.Case closed
Thanks for sharing, cj.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
LOT 32GB 64GB 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Retractable Thumb Drive
$879.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99