Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Question Startup rc scripts not working, tomcat not starting

    Hello all,
    I observe problem with runlevel startup scripts. I used knoppix 6.2 and 7.0, same happens at other distros.
    After installing it to HD I installed tomcat6 using apt-get. After reboot id does not start although it has rc scripts set automatically (S92tomcat6 is the name). I used mkdir to check and it is not runned at all. Strangely others around seems have the same problem. I found S16hal was the one that works and attached my stuff just before exit 0. Thats dirty but works. Anyone knows whats may be the issue here? I observe this since I remember and finally asked the question

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Ok, found. In fact rc scripts are not working at all. All is done by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, it is enough to append stuff at the end. Regarding shutdown knoppix-halt script can be modified at the beginning. Case closed

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks for sharing, cj.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive

$39.99



Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive picture

Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

$63.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99