yes you can use it without it crashing, but it may be non writable ? it is /etc/hosts
Anyone tried using a hosts file in knoppix?
I miss it blocking all those ads.
I would try it but dang it, I have enough
trouble just getting something to work without
trying to experiment with it and crashing it. lol
thanks.
p.s. thanks again A.Jorge.Garcia
the old hickorynut hailing from the swamplands of
southeast louisiana. USA
yes you can use it without it crashing, but it may be non writable ? it is /etc/hosts
What would be nice is to have /etc in the home directory and have knoppix supercede any configuration from the cd /etc with ~/home/etc/* (esp while using persistant home). This would allow for specific configurations such as the hosts file to be included at boot.
yes this would be useful.
You're welcome HickoryNut! The CD I burned for you works OK then? Let me know if you have any more questions!
Good Luck!

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper EX4300-32F 32-Port SFP Gigabit Switch EX 4300 w/ Rack Ears
$89.99
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32 Port 32x100GbE QSFP Switch
$9699.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX4650 Ethernet Switch
$35200.99
Juniper EX4100-24P Ethernet Switch
$6983.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00