yes you can use it without it crashing, but it may be non writable ? it is /etc/hosts
Anyone tried using a hosts file in knoppix?
I miss it blocking all those ads.
I would try it but dang it, I have enough
trouble just getting something to work without
trying to experiment with it and crashing it. lol
thanks.
p.s. thanks again A.Jorge.Garcia
the old hickorynut hailing from the swamplands of
southeast louisiana. USA
yes you can use it without it crashing, but it may be non writable ? it is /etc/hosts
What would be nice is to have /etc in the home directory and have knoppix supercede any configuration from the cd /etc with ~/home/etc/* (esp while using persistant home). This would allow for specific configurations such as the hosts file to be included at boot.
yes this would be useful.
You're welcome HickoryNut! The CD I burned for you works OK then? Let me know if you have any more questions!
Good Luck!

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2620 64GB RAM 10GbE
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08