Hi Utu,
I just tried Knoppix CeBIT 7.1 as a VMware guest (booting from the iso without customization)
and I can see that just moving the mouse over the "KNOPPIX" folder (without any button pressed)
does actually select that folder as if the button was pressed before moving over that desktop icon.
But it does not open the folder content (as if you would click on that desktop folder icon).
As expected a click on the folder icon does open the folder content.
Not sure why this is a big deal anyway.

In my slightly customized setup I disabled the single click and the problem is gone:
in the [config] section of the file: ~knoppix/.config/libfm/libfm.conf
change "single_click=1" to "single_click=0"

I understand that for some user the need for a double click may be a problem
but this can always be improved/solved in a later release and my guess is that
a lot of Knoppix users would be very happy to see a Knoppix 7.1 Community version
released sooner than later (even with a double click as a default) since not
everybody can have access to the Knoppix CeBIT 7.1version.
My two cents,
Gilles