the driver knoppix attempts to uses for the realtek chip is the via 8233 driver
Hi
I am totally new to Knoppix and pretty much new to Linux though I have had it installed on my systems before. I have Knoppix installed on my hard disk but I can’t get it to work with my Audigy 2, I tried enabling my onboard sound (AC97 Realtek ALC650) on my Abit AT7 Max2. That doesn’t work either. It recognises both audio controllers and but after trying to start them says something about unable to load modules. If I try playing an mp3 from Knoppix it then gives me an error asking me if I have my sound card enabled.
How can I get Knoppix to work with my Audigy 2? If this is not possible would it be possible to get it to work with my onboard sound?
If either of these are possible could some explain it to me simply because i am a totaly newbie
Thanks in advanced for any help
the driver knoppix attempts to uses for the realtek chip is the via 8233 driver

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$199.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$199.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99