Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How To Safe New knoppix-data.img

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Boot with stick I and tell us the output
    Code:
    df -h
    If you make a Flash disk install using another USB stick of Knoppix, then the persistent memory of the other USB stick will also be copied to the new stick (stick II). Perhaps within stick I isn't already enough free available space of persistent memory.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Hopefully last chapter of this thread.

    I made a completely new install. Formated USB stick II first. Proceeded with install from USB stick I. Now comes the change!! At the end of the install a window pops-up and asks to install overlays showing a slide full to the possible maximum space. On previous installs I either clicked on cancel or yes (??). If the latter no overlays were made, however, I am not so sure anymore what I clicked. This time I moved the slide back to 2.1 Gig, click on (yes) and the overlay started to be implemented.


    On the previous install which caused problems, when booting the first time one is asked to give the amount of space for overlays. I put always the maximum and then told to wait for some time. It seemed by the time it took, that the overlay was created which apparently was not the case.???


    Now the new install has survived several bootings intact. I did 'apt-get update' and could then install joe, gkrellm and sylpheed and skype has a nice icon on the desktop and opens with one click. I copied Skype over from my working box.


    Stick I df -h
    Code:
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdc1       3.8G  1.9G  1.9G  50% /mnt-system
    tmpfs           2.0G  1.2M  2.0G   1% /ramdisk
    /dev/cloop      1.9G  1.9G     0 100% /KNOPPIX
    unionfs         2.0G  1.2M  2.0G   1% /UNIONFS
    unionfs         2.0G  1.2M  2.0G   1% /usr
    unionfs         2.0G  1.2M  2.0G   1% /home
    tmpfs            10M   64K   10M   1% /UNIONFS/var/run
    tmpfs            20M  2.8M   18M  14% /run
    tmpfs            10M     0   10M   0% /UNIONFS/var/lock
    tmpfs           100M   56K  100M   1% /UNIONFS/var/log
    tmpfs           2.0G  8.0K  2.0G   1% /tmp
    udev             20M  4.0K   20M   1% /dev
    tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm

    Stick II df -h new install
    Code:
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdc1       3.8G  2.7G  1.1G  72% /mnt-system
    tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /ramdisk
    /dev/cloop      1.9G  1.9G     0 100% /KNOPPIX
    /dev/loop0      2.0G  4.5M  2.0G   1% /KNOPPIX-DATA
    unionfs         2.0G  4.5M  2.0G   1% /UNIONFS
    unionfs         2.0G  4.5M  2.0G   1% /usr
    unionfs         2.0G  4.5M  2.0G   1% /home
    tmpfs            10M   64K   10M   1% /UNIONFS/var/run
    tmpfs            20M  2.8M   18M  14% /run
    tmpfs            10M     0   10M   0% /UNIONFS/var/lock
    tmpfs           100M   56K  100M   1% /UNIONFS/var/log
    tmpfs           2.0G   20K  2.0G   1% /tmp
    udev             20M  4.0K   20M   1% /dev
    tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm

    After installing the new mentioned programs those unionfs now read 16 % and the defective previous installs read 100 %

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe picture

Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe

$28.90



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00