-
Please read again the link I told you in posting #8, especially about the difference between "HD install" and "Flash disk Install to HD".
-
Thanks! The trouble is that I don't know how to encrypt home/knoppix, I know how to do a container but I don't know how to "link" it to home/knoppix, either where I have to store this AES container PS I had a trouble in etc/fstab, sdc2 wanted to mount on /, I don't know why ! I fixed that, but sdc2 still doesn't appear anywhere at boot up, I still have to mount it by a command line.
-
(my goal is to mount the AES container at boot up if possible, otherwise I would try the poor persistent way I described in the tips section of this forum)
-
I used the 'Knoppix HD install' in the 'KNOPPIX' menu, but never I was asked to create the encrypted persistent file
With "HD install" you'll get a Debian like installation without persistent memory. And starting with the HD install option of Knoppix you can also see the point "Help". To start your HD installation you need an entry for it within a bootmanager like Grub.
-
Thanks again! I found a known way to have a persistent memory, I post about it in a new thread if it can help someone else
-
Senior Member
registered user
You may use, for example, /etc/rc.local for mounting more volumes

Originally Posted by
user89
(my goal is to mount the AES container at boot up if possible, otherwise I would try the poor persistent way I described in the tips section of this forum)
If you create an unencrypted persistent store, you can modify (e.g.) /etc/rc.local to create a special directory and mount an AES-container there at booting. It does not have to be on the same media as KNOPPIX. The simplest way of encryption is of course to have the ordinary persistent store encrypted, but you don't have to restrict yourself to that - you just have to create a persistent store, then you can do all sorts of things at booting time, including variations on your "poor persistence" theme.
Personally, I would be a bit careful to do too many "hard-coded" tweaks on /home and other directories, as I have run into some problems upon remastering. But modifications like mounting an ecrypted volume in a /home/knoppix/ subdirectory ought to be quite OK.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50