-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, Blacksimon.
Excluding .gvfs may be a good idea; it may louse up the command.
This annoying file may or may not be hanging around to cause trouble.
I suspect it got into my distro when I added a program which uses
some gnome material. I complained to Klaus K, but he was not
sympathetic with calling it a bug. Its a feature, apparently.
An i/o re-direct command might be a more professional way of
handling the way that .gvfs trips up a command. Maybe some Bash
expert will suggest something appropriate here.
FWIW, I think .gvfs trips things up using a console command or as
part of an /etc/profile function, but as part of an executable shell
script, I don't think it gives (me) the same trouble. I can't explain
why this should be the case.
The only reason to exclude [Cc]ache files is to save the space.
I don't think they'd cause trouble unless you are a real miser on
space, like myself.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X - Granite Ridge (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9 GHz - AM5 CPU Processor
$155.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851
$435.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00