-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, Werner, nice to hear from you.
I've been reading about this (.gvfs) some.
It turns out, as you say, that .gvfs is a mount point put there by some program,
possibly LibreOffice, which I use. In my case the .gvfs, as a file, never has any contents;
it does show up as in an mtab entry related to fuse.
One post I read suggests unmount and delete and see what happens.
The notion being is that if some program needs to mount something it will re-
establish the mount point. I'm trying this route at present.
FWIW, Ubuntu and others are re-routing this mount point to what we would call /run/knoppix/.gvfs,
all with no more explanation than for the earlier home directory location.
Users have been perplexed by .gvfs for as far back as 2008 I've noticed.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Sandisk 1TB Portable SSD, read speeds up to 1000MB/s. {100% New}
$100.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00