-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the warning, Werner.
I was expecting the limit was 4 Gb, but I seem to remember there IS some
uncertainty as to whether 2 Gb or 4 Gb is the limit. You've apparently
'been there, done that'. If I understand you correctly, if I have a
KNOPPIXn that is compressed to 2 Gb or more it will cause trouble
expanding it on /tmp. Is that any different than expanding it to /?
I'm assuming 2.5:1 compression here.
I would have expected I might be able to
conjure up a KNOPPIX-DATA of about 10 Gb and store that as 4 Gb cloop
compressed on /mnt-system and sometime or other expand it again to
10 Gb on /. All this assuming no file in KNOPPIX-DATA ever exceeds 4 Gb.
Since my overlays are always incremental, small additions, I don't think
this is a problem if I am limited to 5 Gb in reiser terms and compressed
to 2 Gb on Fat32 on /mnt-system, but I can see this would be a problem
for re-mastering.
My understanding is that the limit is not a Fat32 limit per se, but
rather a limit of iso9660 filesize ON fat32 filesystems.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50