Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: refresh rate

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7

    refresh rate

    knoppix recognizes my pci NVIDIA TNT as NV4 and I think it is NV10

    my question is: how can I change the screen resolution and especially the refresh rate permanently?
    i don't find any way to setup a higher refresh rate then the default one.

    isn't there a magic gui interface just like in BeOS that let's you set any sort of refresh rate.

    thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: refresh rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibar
    knoppix recognizes my pci NVIDIA TNT as NV4 and I think it is NV10

    my question is: how can I change the screen resolution and especially the refresh rate permanently?
    i don't find any way to setup a higher refresh rate then the default one.

    isn't there a magic gui interface just like in BeOS that let's you set any sort of refresh rate.

    thank you
    Try the Control Center in Peripherals the Xdisplay option. After doing this you will have to logout and choose re-start the X server from the Menu pull down then login back in.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7
    I think I have a version from march this year and I cannot find any options about the display in control center... well at least there are none in peripherals

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibar
    I think I have a version from march this year and I cannot find any options about the display in control center... well at least there are none in peripherals
    You should update to a newer version if you can. If you are running from the HD then open a console window (clam shell icon on toolbar) and su enter root password and then dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to reconfigure the X server and choose your settings there. From the CD if I recall correctly (it's been a while since I last tried this) open console window and sudo init 3 which should bring you to a terminal window the reconfigure the X server with the command above and then init 5 to restart the X server and bring you back to the login screen. note the init 3 may have been CTRL + ALT + BKSP to kill off X server.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7
    I cant upgrade right now.

    I'll try what you say, thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Refresh Rate
    By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
  2. Changing refresh rate?
    By Spectrum in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 08:29 PM
  3. refresh rate
    By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
  4. Refresh rate
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
  5. Refresh Rate
    By bateto_007 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell PowerEdge R730 8Bay 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 4x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU 1100ws, 2GPUCbl picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8Bay 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 4x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU 1100ws, 2GPUCbl

$660.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server

$292.50