Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Total newb needs help setting up PPPoe

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Total newb needs help setting up PPPoe

    Hi guys,I saw Knoppix mentioned on The Screen Savers last night and had to give it a try. I know next to nothing about linux and need some help setting up my internet connection. I have DSL connected to the ethernet port. How do I go about setting up my user name and password so as I can get online. I am using the latest version of Knoppix 3.2 and have a HP with 1.8 Cel and 256M o ram. I have Alltel DSL connected to the ethernet port.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    There is the DSL/PPPoE Configuration tool. Starting from the Kmenu -> System -> DSL -> DSL/PPPoE Configuration tool.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    When I click on DSL/PPPoe configurator it opens a window and the popup says:
    "I found 1 ethernet device: eth0 Are all your interfaces listed above?"
    I clicked on yes and it then opened another popup that said:
    "Looking for PPPoe access contrentrator on eth0"
    After it performed some stuff on the main window the popup said:
    "Sorry I scanned 1 interface,but the Access contrentator of your provider did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another reason for the scan failure may also be another running PPPoe process which controls the modem"
    I was never given any options to setup my username and password or any such thing.
    I know my DSL modem is working cause I'm using it right now in Windows. Can anyone offer me any advice on how to remedy this situation?

Similar Threads

  1. total newb needs help
    By tlo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 01:04 PM
  2. KDE asking for +88MB of Ram when using a PH > Total Ram
    By ruymbeke in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 03:07 AM
  3. Total newb install problem
    By TotalLinuxNewb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:36 AM
  4. Total Newb-Setting Up internet
    By imemyself in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 08:03 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$68.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99