Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: encrypted persistent home with HD install

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    encrypted persistent home with HD install

    Hi! I am a beginner. I wanted to have an encrypted home (for my data, software configs, cookies, etc.) with an HD install of Knoppix 7 (yes it's just a Debian this way but I like the tools that are provided).

    My OS is on /dev/sdc2. My free drive was /dev/sda1. To configure:
    Code:
    sudo cryptsetup luksFormat -c aes -h sha256 /dev/sda1
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda1 home
    sudo mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/home
    Then I have to create a knoppix directory, a Desktop one, all with the right owner
    Code:
    sudo cryptsetup luksClose home
    It's ready! To use:
    Code:
    cd /
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda1 home
    sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/mapper/home /home/
    To leave:
    Code:
    sudo umount /dev/mapper/home
    sudo cryptsetup luksClose home
    Now I have to understand how I can bootup with Knoppix asking me for the password during the boot sequence...

    PS sorry for the long paragraph, I don't know what I should do to avoid that (I used the Enter key...)


    -------------------------
    Formatted by moderator
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 04-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive) picture

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)

$100.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00