Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
From everything I have experienced and read 4GB is the best a Knoppix USB install can handle (I really hope I'm wrong).
You are completely wrong. The 4GB limit is FAT32 file size - as long as you use FAT32 USB media, you must live with that limitation - but you don't really have to stay confined to FAT32.

And even with FAT32, you can mount several 4GB loop images expanding persistent store in 4GB chunks. When running from a USB stick, the base file system is mounted on /mnt-system, and free space is directly available. So if you have a 64 GB stick, and set up, say, 4 persistent stores on it, still only 20 GB is used (4x4 persistent+ 4 cloop), So you still have >40 GB available as FAT32 space, plus the Linux file systems on the persistent store instances.

Partitioning the USB drive, you can also setup other file systems.

For instance, running Knoppix from a small FAT32 partition on a USB3 harddisk, you can have a >900GB Linux partition mounted. I use a 1000GB USB3 disk this way for backup and portable computing.