Hi guys,
I'm new to Knoppix. Would like to use it at home instead of a winxp system that loads about 10 minutes.
I have a CD installation of 7.0.5 which I boot via PXE from image on NFS. My problem is I don't know how to make persistent image that would also be stored on NFS.
I already created knoppix-data.img (ext2) and put it in the KNOPPIX dir on NFS but it doesn't get loaded on start up. I could loop mount it manually but then it wouldn't become part of UNIONFS. I would very much prefer doing things as intended by KNOPPIX but couldn't find in documentation how this should be properly done. Do I have to do some scripting myself to mount the persistent image or can I just use scripts already made in system? What's the best practice?
BTW, I play with Knoppix shortly but am very impressed with it.
Thank you for your time and suggestions.
Kamil

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50