Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I find an application?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30

    How do I find an application?

    I would like to download some torrent files using Transmission but when knoppix asks me to select which application I would like to use, I don't know where to find Transmission in the directory.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    When I click on the torrent file in the browser a notice comes up that says, 'This link needs to be opened with an application, choose an application'. But I don't know where in the file directory to look for 'Transmission' which I want to use.

  4. #4
    /usr/bin/transmission-gtk

    You can find applications by opening a terminal emulator and typing
    Code:
    whereis application
    Last edited by The Lightning Stalker; 05-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thank you very much. Although when I put 'whereis transmission' into the terminal it gives me 'user/share/transmission'. And the gtk file it not there it's where you said.

  6. #6
    Oh that, yeah. I right-clicked on the Transmission icon in the menu to see where it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM picture

32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM

$80.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$8599.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98