How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?
I would like to download some torrent files using Transmission but when knoppix asks me to select which application I would like to use, I don't know where to find Transmission in the directory.
Any help would be appreciated.
How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?
When I click on the torrent file in the browser a notice comes up that says, 'This link needs to be opened with an application, choose an application'. But I don't know where in the file directory to look for 'Transmission' which I want to use.
/usr/bin/transmission-gtk
You can find applications by opening a terminal emulator and typing
Code:whereis application
Last edited by The Lightning Stalker; 05-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Thank you very much. Although when I put 'whereis transmission' into the terminal it gives me 'user/share/transmission'. And the gtk file it not there it's where you said.
Oh that, yeah. I right-clicked on the Transmission icon in the menu to see where it was.

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49
Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$13.99