Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I find an application?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30

    How do I find an application?

    I would like to download some torrent files using Transmission but when knoppix asks me to select which application I would like to use, I don't know where to find Transmission in the directory.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    When I click on the torrent file in the browser a notice comes up that says, 'This link needs to be opened with an application, choose an application'. But I don't know where in the file directory to look for 'Transmission' which I want to use.

  4. #4
    /usr/bin/transmission-gtk

    You can find applications by opening a terminal emulator and typing
    Code:
    whereis application
    Last edited by The Lightning Stalker; 05-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thank you very much. Although when I put 'whereis transmission' into the terminal it gives me 'user/share/transmission'. And the gtk file it not there it's where you said.

  6. #6
    Oh that, yeah. I right-clicked on the Transmission icon in the menu to see where it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99