Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I find an application?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30

    How do I find an application?

    I would like to download some torrent files using Transmission but when knoppix asks me to select which application I would like to use, I don't know where to find Transmission in the directory.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    When I click on the torrent file in the browser a notice comes up that says, 'This link needs to be opened with an application, choose an application'. But I don't know where in the file directory to look for 'Transmission' which I want to use.

  4. #4
    /usr/bin/transmission-gtk

    You can find applications by opening a terminal emulator and typing
    Code:
    whereis application
    Last edited by The Lightning Stalker; 05-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thank you very much. Although when I put 'whereis transmission' into the terminal it gives me 'user/share/transmission'. And the gtk file it not there it's where you said.

  6. #6
    Oh that, yeah. I right-clicked on the Transmission icon in the menu to see where it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor  Other picture

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other

$299.99



4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2] picture

4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2]

$60.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage HP iPAQ Agency Series Pocket PC PE2030A h5450 Not Tested No Battery/Pen picture

Vintage HP iPAQ Agency Series Pocket PC PE2030A h5450 Not Tested No Battery/Pen

$35.00



4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2] picture

4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2]

$59.99



Vintage UMC GMB-386UMC V0.1 386DX ISA Motherboard w/ AMIBIOS AA2828485 picture

Vintage UMC GMB-386UMC V0.1 386DX ISA Motherboard w/ AMIBIOS AA2828485

$68.00



RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U picture

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U

$31.95



Apple Studio Display Monitor CRT 17

Apple Studio Display Monitor CRT 17" Clear Vintage Untested READ BROKEN STAND

$300.00



LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic picture

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic

$59.99