Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Freezes at init 5.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7

    Exclamation Freezes at init 5.

    I have a Dell Latitude Laptop that I have been running Zorin (Ubuntu derivitive) on. I just installed Knoppix from Flash drive and it went well and I was able to boot yesterday. I now booted up today and I get to where it says INIT: Entering runlevel: 5 and freezes. I am sitting at the root@Microknoppix:/#_ the underscore blinks for a few mins then stops and now I'm frozen.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Have a look at "Check the ISO" and also try the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    It;s installed on the hard drive. booted it two or three times then the next morning it wouldn't boot.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Ok, but what is about "check the ISO" and "knoppix testcd" with the Knoppix DVD/CD you've downloaded and used for HD installation? And what type of installation have you done: "HD Install" or "Flash Install to HD"?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air picture

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air

$8.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$20.59



Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power picture

Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power

$109.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$499.99



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter  A1344 ~ FREE S/H picture

Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H

$12.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$18.00



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter picture

apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter

$9.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99